This week we have been busy.
- The blog post on Examinations struck a chord with many people. I’d love to hear what you think!
- Jason went to La Cantonera in Gran Canaria. It seemed like a great deal to be on the Canary Islands in March but the weather turned out to be wet, windy and cold. The school, however, is an inspiring place full of a genuinely Summerhillian desire to leave the kids alone!
- We have been working on the upcoming summer camp in the Matadero in Madrid and Medialab Prado. The summer camp will cost an absurd 100€ per child for a fortnight summercamp. I think it is worth going on holiday in the Sierra de Guadarrama for that price and enjoying your adult time while your child enjoys the camp!
- DIWO is a method of collaborative work that was generated by artists. It stands for Do It With Others and is the tag that Pedagogías Invisibles uses for their work. Good idea, I thought. Why not use the Summerhill Democratics website to maximise the potential of your project and Do It With Others. There are lots of possibilities. Amongst these there is…
- The Meeting of the Minds. Next Easter we want to sponsor a meeting of some of the best organisers and principals who are currently working in democratic education. We do not want the usual jambouree. We want a group of experts to get together to crack some of the serious questions that stop demed projects going ahead: how do we get legal and how do we stay legal? If you or someone you know would like to sponsor this meeting, please get in touch. You can make a donation to Summerhill Democratics: we are an NGO.
- Meanwhile, Summerhill Democratics has been mobilising the A Team, a group of crack Summerhillians who are going to be running projects in the near future. If you want a likely Summerhillian to come to your school and run events, get in touch with us and we will see if we can use our network to help you.
- Boring administration behind-the-scenes stuff. Doing good work is not all about wearing a smile on public occasions. We have been chuntering away, talking over the basics of our project, organising the paperwork and the finances and trying to plan forward for what is going to be a busy summer.
What have you been up to? Let us know how we can help!